Some states choose to include board members as part of the performance review process. If your state includes board members, supervisors will find information on board member reviews within their own review of the agent. When a supervisor first opens an agent’s review, the review details appear. Among other items, this page lists: board members, links to board member reviews for the agent, and the board member review status (started, not started, or complete). If a board member has an email address listed, the supervisor can send a link to the review so that board members can enter reviews themselves. Alternatively, supervisors can enter reviews on behalf of a board member. The review details page includes a link to a printable review (that can be mailed to board members) and the links for each board member review (that the supervisor can uses to complete the review, if needed).
To enter a review on behalf of a board member, follow the steps below.
Access Supervisor Review
Print a Copy of the Board Member Review
- In the Board Member Assessments section of the supervisor review, click the button titled Download Printable Review Template.
- The survey for board members to complete will open in a new browser tab.
Print the survey from your browser. For printing instructions, reference the following article: Save or Print a Record as a PDF.
- Mailing addresses for board members can be found on the Board Members page in PEARS (located under the gear icon). Mail the paper copy of the review to the board member.
Enter a Review on Behalf of a Board Member
Once the board member completes and returns the paper review, the agent’s supervisor can enter the board member’s responses into PEARS.
- In the Board Member Assessments section of the supervisor review, find the name of the board member for whom a review needs to be entered.
- Click on their unique review link.
The board member review for the selected agent appears.
- If the board member does not wish to review the agent, click the Opt Out button to indicate that the board member will not be submitting a review.
- If the board member chooses to review the agent, click Enter Review.
- The performance review appears. Enter the board member’s responses from the paper review.
After entering all responses, click Save and Continue at the bottom of the page.
- To finish and submit the review on behalf of the board member, click Mark as Complete.
✓ TIP: Note that the performance review list indicates how many board member reviews have been completed (for example: 1/9). Once the supervisor completes a review, board member reviews can no longer be submitted. As a supervisor, you can mark the review as incomplete to allow additional board member responses to be entered. Then mark the review as complete once all additional responses have been entered.
✓ TIP: All reviews need to be submitted before the performance review deadline specified in PEARS (this may be different than the completion deadline given by your organization). If a board member would like to submit a review after the PEARS deadline has passed, an Organization Administrator may contact the PEARS Support Team to request an extension of the review deadline. Organization Administrators are listed in the PEARS Directory.
✓ TIP: To open the public link to enter a review on behalf of board member, you must be logged out of PEARS.
! CAUTION: Before you click Mark as Complete, check the review and make sure no changes are needed. Once the review has been completed, it cannot be edited or marked incomplete. Please contact PEARS Support with any questions.