When Extension staff create a professional development plan in PEARS, they select professional development events from the Event Catalog. Staff can propose new events to add to the catalog, but these must go through an approval process before appearing in the catalog. When staff record professional development event proposals in PEARS, they submit the event for approval. Administrators with permission to review event proposals can approve or reject the event. The following article explains how to access and manage professional development events that have been submitted for review.
- From the PEARS homepage, hover the cursor over the Review menu and click Event Proposals:
- The list of Event Proposals displays. Select an event to review:
- The details of the proposed event display:
- Review the plan details. If needed, click the Edit button to make changes.
- Optionally, click the Print button to print the plan details. (The plan can no longer be printed after it is approved or rejected.)
- If the event creator needs to make additional changes, or if this event should not be added to the Event Catalog, click Reject.
The Reject Event Proposal page displays. Explain the reason for rejecting this event proposal and click Reject.
An email will be sent to the staff member who proposed the event, listing the reason(s) the event was rejected. Additionally, the event will display in the event creator’s list of proposed events as “Rejected.” The event will no longer appear in the list of event proposals to review.
- To allow staff members to add the event to professional development plans within PEARS, click Approve.
The event is added to the Event Catalog in the Professional Development module. Staff can now add the approved event to professional development plans. Additionally, the event will display in the event creator’s list of proposed events as “Approved.” The event will no longer appear in the list of event proposals to review.
✓ TIP: Organization Administrators and Professional Development Opportunity Reviewers can review proposed events. A list of staff with these roles can be found in the PEARS Directory.
✓ TIP: If you would like to be a Professional Development Opportunity Reviewer, please contact an Organization Administrator. A list of Organization Administrators can be found in the PEARS Directory.
✓ TIP: If you would like guidance on what to enter in each field, follow this link to the article on how to Propose an Event.
✓ TIP: To view a list of professional development events you have proposed, go to the Professional Development module and select the My Proposed Events tab. You can also click the following link: My Proposed Events. Next to the event title, the status of each proposed event will be listed (draft, submitted, approved, or rejected).