- From the PEARS homepage, hover the cursor over the Plan menu and click on Professional Development:The Professional Development Plan list displays.
- Click the My Proposed Events tab.
- Click the +Add button.
The Add Proposed Event page displays.
- Type a Title for the event being proposed.
- Select from the drop-down menu whether the event is a Basic or Advanced level.
- Type the name of the Contact for this event. Select the user from the list of search results.
- Type a Phone number for the event contact.
- Select from the drop-down menu all applicable Core competencies. Multiple competencies may be selected.
- Select from the drop-down menu all applicable Program areas. Multiple program areas may be selected.
- Type a description of the event being proposed.
- Type the objectives of the event being proposed.
- Describe the audience for this event.
- Check the box for TBA if the event does not have a specific time determined yet.
- Check the box for Ongoing if the opportunities aren’t date specific.
- Click the Start and End date fields and select the dates for the event.
- Type a location for the proposed event.
- If desired, type any supplemental information to be included into the Other information text field.
- Optionally, select from the drop-down menu all Delivery methods used for this event. Multiple methods may be selected.
- Optionally, type the name for the Editors to be added for this event. Select the user from the list of search results. Multiple editors may be selected.
- From the drop-down menu, select the Reporting period during which this event will occur.
- From the drop-down menu, select whether or not this event is Ready to submit for review.
- Click the Save button.
✓ TIP: The red asterisk * next to the heading of a field indicates that the field is required. You will not be able to save the record until you have added input into that field.
Note: The contact for an Event within PEARS must be a PEARS user.
Note: The location does not necessarily have to be a site within PEARS.
Note: The editors for an event within PEARS must be PEARS users.
Note: Only select "Yes" from this list when you are ready for this event to be reviewed.